<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 05, 2004

Spam Whitelist – What is Microsoft Thinking? 

TrendFunction: Antitrend*Whitelists

Raise your hand if you like getting unsolicited emails?

Me either.

I don’t care if it is from the GAP, Amazon.com, or Joe’s Place for Canadian Drugs. I don’t want it in my in box.

Microsoft is about to have its Hotmail service’s business model shaken up by Google’s Gmail and they come up with THIS to entice people to stay? I have a feeling its not going to work. If Google knows what’s good for them, and they seem to know that very well, they will exploit the heck out of this. I’ve been using my Gmail account for two weeks and I’ve only received one spam message. It went straight to my spam folder and I never had to read it. Google is trying to solve the spam problem and Microsoft is trying to make money off of it. I’m really pro-Microsoft and this makes me scratch my head.

Note to marketers: I don’t care how legitimate your business model is, if you send me an unsolicited message it is spam.

Comments: Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?